Time to Read: 51 seconds to the middle. 1.5 minuets all the way down.
A new client told me that she almost never leaves the office before 9:00 at night because it's the only time the fire drills and constant interruptions quiet down enough for her to work on strategic initiatives. One day she left at 6:00 and noticed with horror that it had been weeks since she had left the office in daylight.
Standing in the sunshine, she realized her strategies were not sustainable physically or mentally and that working "harder, faster and longer" is not yielding the results she wants for her work and life. She decided then and there to make a change.
You may not stay late at the office, but do you check your email as soon as your children are in bed? When was the last time you went to the gym? Or hung out with your friends? Are the hobbies that bring you joy a distant memory? Is Netflix all the energy you can manage in the evening? (Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Game of Thrones. And for all you stickler's out there, I know it's on HBO.)
If you've been reading my emails lately, you know where I'm headed.
Life is too short to allow your job to burn through decades of your life.
I told my client that the secret to a calmer, saner, happier work life isn't in finding better strategies to organize your day. You'll find calm and fulfillment by shifting the foundation on which you work - your beliefs, attitudes, behaviors, and structures that inform your day and your relationship to your job (and so much more).
If you're curious about how to completely change the way you work in order to be calm, productive, and wildly successful, consider chatting with me about the Corporate Rebel Clarity U coaching group. You can schedule a 30-minute spot here.
Why does this matter to you?
- You react instead of actively making decisions which leaves you feeling depleted and second-guessing your choices.
- Life and work feel chaotic and disjointed. You find yourself running from place to place, slamming out emails, and feeling like you're not actually accomplishing anything.
- You fall into the same ineffective patterns that have held you back for years.
- Every year you think, "This is the year things are going to be different." Then they are not different and you keep going with the same old, same old.
What's in it for you? Starting in October you will learn to...
- Shake off negative patterns of thinking and behaving so you can stop holding yourself back. Your life will be calmer and work more fulfilling.
- Gracefully navigate transitions so you feel confident in the unknown and able to handle the changes that work and life throw at you.
- Ground yourself physically and spiritually to allow radical transformation. You will look back and wonder why you didn't address this stuff sooner.
- Wield your new, portable Toolbox of Skills so you're ready to take action, make choices, and be in control of your career and life.
- Get clear about what you want and bravely take action toward making your goals real.
The Corporate Rebel Clarity U coaching group will help you put work and life on your terms. This link will take you to Christina's personal calendar to schedule a casual 30-minute chat. We'll talk about what's going on in your life, develop a solution or two, and determine whether our group program is the right next step.
You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time in the next few weeks or reach out to me privately with questions or inquiries.
Seriously, you spend more hours at work than anywhere else. Don't let those hours suck.
With Rebel Love,
P.S. Are you ready to change the way you work (and as an added bonus, thrive in all aspects of your life)? Let's talk! Click this link to choose a 30-minute spot on my calendar. We'll talk about what's going on and whether Corporate Rebel Clarity U is a good fit.
P.P.S. Wouldn't it be awesome to do this work with your friends? Invite them to explore the possibilities by forwarding this email to them. They can sign up to chat here.