Time to Read: 1 minute, 38 seconds (maybe two minutes if you read every detail to the bottom)
In my late 20s, I got a PhD. While writing my dissertation, I ate at strange hours, stayed up late, and became crabby and unreliable to my friends and loved ones. Once I graduated, I ran from becoming a professor. I never wanted to repeat the pattern of behavior that burned me out so thoroughly.
So, I went into business. The corporate world was a great fit. I loved the stimulation and the people problems in my HR and Compliance roles. Then the company got acquired, the industry was being overhauled by the government, and I was involved in creating a significant cultural change in our sales and marketing practices. I was staying up all hours and became crabby with my children and unreliable to my friends. I quit and vowed never to take another corporate job because I was exhausted and burned out. (Hmmm... Are you seeing a pattern yet? At the time, I didn't.)
So, I got retrained as a coach and started my own business. I was my own boss, could set my own hours, and determine my own priorities. Three years into my coaching business, I launched a big project and became crabby and unreliable and once again, burned myself out so thoroughly, I literally had to lay on the couch for a week.
At that point I was like, "wait… a… minute. I'm in my own business. I can do things however I like, and I'm still burning myself out. Damn it. The common denominator is me."
Insert wake up call.
Can you relate?
Do you see a pattern that you repeat again and again even when you are sure that changing the circumstances (job, marriage, location, weight) will fix it? Maybe you don't see the pattern, and you simply find yourself stuck in the same situation over and over.
Personal experience taught me that changing the circumstances fixes it for a few months or a couple of years and then you find yourself watching the same movie and wondering how it happened again.
I've spent the past two years diving deep and developing a sense of self worth that is not founded in my production and external success. I've learned tools and developed a relationship with myself and my purpose that is grounded in trust, joy, and fun. I've learned to work differently. I get just as much done. (In fact, frequently, I get more done.) I just don't go to burn out anymore. It's wonderful.
It's time to share all this learning and these tools with you.
Anne and I are excited to announce an exciting new group coaching program, the Corporate Rebel Clarity U.
This group is for you if...
- You react instead of actively making decisions which leaves you feeling depleted and second-guessing your choices.
- Life and work feel chaotic and disjointed. You find yourself running from place to place, slamming out emails, and feeling like you're not actually accomplishing anything.
- You fall into the same ineffective patterns that have held you back for years.
- Every year you think, "This is the year things are going to be different." Then they are not different and you keep going with the same old, same old.
Starting in early October, you'll learn how to...
- Shake off negative patterns of thinking and behaving so you can stop holding yourself back. Your life will be calmer and work more fulfilling.
- Gracefully navigate transitions so you feel confident in the unknown and able to handle the changes that work and life throw at you.
- Ground yourself physically and spiritually to allow radical transformation. You will look back and wonder why you didn't address this stuff sooner.
- Wield your new, portable Toolbox of Skills so you're ready to take action, make choices, and be in control of your career and life.
- Get clear about what you want and bravely take action toward making your goals real.
We'd love to chat to see if The Corporate Rebel Clarity U Coaching Group is a good fit to help you put work and life on your terms. This link will take you to Christina's personal calendar to schedule a casual 30-minute chat. We'll talk about what's going on in your life, develop a solution or two, and determine whether our group program is the right next step.
You can also hit reply to this email to set up a time in the next few week or reach out to Christina or Anne privately with questions or inquiries.
We'd love to work with you. Truly.
With Rebel Hugs,
P.S. Are you ready to take action in your life? Let's talk! Click this link to choose a 30-minute spot on my calendar. We'll talk about what's going on and whether Corporate Rebel Clarity U is a good fit.
P.P.S. We are hosting the Corporate Rebel Clarity U Coaching Group online so you can participate from anywhere in the world.
P.P.P.S. Invite your friends to join you. Simply forward this email to them. They can sign up to chat here.