G'day! (I learned that from my Aussie friends this summer).
Fear of the future is as common as the vanilla ice-cream that I hope you slurped up this summer (or this winter for all you southern hemisphere folks).
You get to see your past in vivid technicolor, and the future is a hazy path with elusive, invisible twists and curves. No matter how much you lay awake at night running scenarios in your head or how many legal pads you fill with detailed plans, your future is coming, and it is unknown.
Just the word "unknown" is enough to strike fear into the hearts of even the most experienced vice president or analytical engineer.
Can you relate to any of these experiences?
- Feeling that it's time to shake things up, do something different, pump some new creativity and inspiration into your work and uncertain how to do that?
- Realizing that you spent a fortune getting trained in a field where you don't want to spend the next 25-40 years and lying awake worrying about what to do next?
- Feeling shaky about the process of becoming an adult (even if you technically already are one) and resisting the sacrifices to your freedom and happiness that you assume come with adulting?
- Forcing yourself out of bed each morning to fake your way through a job that is sucking your soul because you're afraid you won't be able to afford your mortgage?
Each of these examples is about fear — that you might make a seismic mistake that will haunt you forever — worry that you'll end up sitting at your kitchen table in a few years wishing you had chosen something else. Or worried that pursuing what makes you happy means no house, no college for your kids, and no financial security.
I am here to tell you one simple truth. Life doesn't have to be hard. Work doesn't have to be hard. You are in the driver's seat. You make the choices. You get one go-around in this life, wouldn't you like to be happy and fulfilled?
Because you follow The Corporate Rebel, here is what I know about you:
- You are committed to making bold moves in your career and life;
- You want to align your work with your values;
- You strive to choose courage and consciousness in your decisions;
- You want to create happiness and success on YOUR TERMS.
Even so, do you sometimes feel uneasy, fuzzy, uncomfortable, or stuck?
Maybe you are missing a sense of clarity or permission to take the next step toward your future. Whatever you are out to accomplish and whatever is holding you back,the fastest and easiest way to get clear is to sort it out with someone who gets your world and is committed to your success. (Otherwise, it is all just rattling around in your fuzzy and overfull mind!)
If having a conversation with someone who gets you will help, let's talk! We'll unpack your personal situation, and I'll share my best ideas and insights about what might be possible. I'll help you get clear about where you're heading and together we'll create a plan for your next move. Whew. All of that in one free call!
I've opened a few spots in my personal calendar to talk to YOU. Choose a time that works for you right here.
I look forward to connecting!
P.S. Now is a great time to start a plan for your next move. Wouldn't you love some clarity and access to my best ideas and insights? You can get all kinds of ideas and insights by hopping on the phone for a free phone call. Choose a time that works for you here.
If you don't see a time that works, email me at email@example.com and we'll find one!