Estimated read time: Les than one minute.
It's been avoiding sitting down to write this newsletter. What does someone who writes about work have to say about the tragic events of the past week?
Do you ever feel like things are so big and complex and wonder where to find your contribution? I do, and it exhausts me sometimes. Like today.
I'm going straight to the point.
The human world is driven by two forces, love and fear. Love can feel like the harder option because it requires vulnerability, openness, risk, and courage.
Love is the only option, and love belongs at work.
Here's your challenge. You are a leader. Leaders take responsibility for their worlds. Leaders take care of their people. Go find some people and take care of them. This week put love into your world every day, especially at work.
Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Bring coffee to your officemates, especially the ones you don't like.
- Let the person in front of you merge into traffic.
- Leave an extra tip for your server.
- Pay for someone's meal at the cafeteria. Even better if it's a stranger.
- Call a colleague you'd honestly rather just email.
- Tell your boss what you appreciate about him/her. Even better, do it in writing.
Each action you take this week, at work and at home, ask yourself if you are coming from love or fear. Then choose love. The impact on the greater world will be tremendous.
ChristinaP.S. If you know someone who would like to receive this newsletter, they can sign-up for The Corporate Rebel Video Podcast and Newsletter HERE.