Estimated read time: 1:02.81 minutes
In the late fall, the pace of life and work speeds up. This year, there is much happening on the national and international stage. It can be exhausting. Things accelerate - annual reviews, holiday parties, travel, year-end analyses, family visits, and project deadlines. Does it feel like this in your world?
In response to the pace of the wider world, we are keeping things simple here at Corporate Rebel HQ.
I'll spend the next few weeks teaching you techniques for efficiency and productivity so you can focus, do excellent work, breathe, and have more time for fun and festivities.
Here's the first one, inspired by a process called Pomodoro. (Yes, the Italian word for tomato.) This super productivity strategy was developed by Francesco Cirillo who was inspired by his tomato-shaped kitchen timer.
I use a modified version of Francesco's process which you can implement immediately to make your work more productive. Here's how it works:
- Text or instant message a friend or colleague who will be your virtual pomodoro partner. (You can also do this process alone.)
- Tell your friend exactly what you are going to work on for the next 25 minutes. Choose one thing.
- Shut off your email, FB, and phone ringer so you can focus.
- Set a timer for 25 minutes.
- When you're both ready, text Go! and start the timer.
- Focus for the next 25 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, account your progress and/or completion to your colleague. Celebrate!
- Take a 5 minute break - grab coffee, step outside, throw in a load of laundry, listen to music.
Rinse and repeat as many times as you like.
I used this process to write this newsletter and am now going to take a break to make breakfast for my kids before school.
Let me know how this process works for you!
I hope this helps.
ChristinaP.S. If you know someone who would like to receive this newsletter, they can sign-up for The Corporate Rebel Video Podcast and Newsletter HERE.