Over my 7 years of coaching, I've heard time and again from people who see that the #1 thing that holds them back from getting what they want is themselves. Their thinking, fears, and unconscious reactions are the things that stop them from taking that next step or breaking out of an old and tired pattern.
Do any of these stories sound familiar to you?
- You are unhappy in your current job or perhaps your current profession, and are willing to "tough it out" for fear that you'll never find the same security someplace else.
- You're a talented professional who keeps seeking a new job in the hopes that things will finally be different only to get there and find it's the same. (Or my favorite version of this: Keep overworking in the hope that you will finally "get there" only to find that the line to success keeps moving, and there's always more to do.)
- You want to take that next step in your career and stories of past failures or fear stop you from taking action.
In all my years of working with clients, I've seen that making an emotional shift is what creates lasting change. Change comes from releasing the anger, frustration or sadness and learning to use those emotions to unlock the mysteries to long-standing habits that do not serve you. We all have these habits, and we let them hold us back.
You have them. I have them.
I've been exploring my ingrained habits and beliefs since the fall. I have been enrolled in an advanced coaching training to develop my toolbox to include strategies to help you break free of unhelpful patterns of thought, feeling and behavior. Wouldn't you love to put work and life on your terms and to feel like the driver of your life?
You can get started with a live webinar at noon CT on Friday, February 2nd.
Carol Ross, a dear friend of mine, and a popular guest in many Corporate Rebel events, is presenting Live Your Great Story in 2018!
In this free 60-minute webinar, you will learn:
- The three stories (Victim, Overcoming, and Great) that you live--and how these stories can either lift you up or take you down.
- A tool for understanding which story you--and others--are living, at any moment. This tool will help you put work and life on your terms by letting you choose the experience you want to have.
- The breadcrumbs to find your way back to what you want, no matter what your current circumstances.
This webinar is free and open to everyone. All you have to do is register right here.
The Live Your Great Story in 2018 webinar will start you on the path to create what you want.
I'll see you there!