It's 2017, Christina! You've eaten all the eats, slept in for a few days, and are now back at the office. Thank goodness 2016 is in the rearview mirror.
This process will help you create your now what. I've used this process myself and with my clients for 6 years, and it has created powerful intentions and results each time. It's easy and at the end, you'll have a guiding theme to launch your success for 2017.
Take 3 pieces of paper.
- On the first page, write down all your disappointments, failures, losses, and breakdowns.
- On the second page, write all your successes, celebrations, accomplishments and breakthroughs.
- On the third page, write everything you learned about life and yourself in 2016.
- When your lists are complete, sit down and analyze them for themes. Look at the big picture. What do you see?
- While looking at the big picture of your year, use what you see to create the theme/words/intentions that will guide your new year.
Here are some examples to help you:
- One of my clients saw that she spent the year doing what everyone else wanted for her. Her theme for the new year became "Trust myself."
- One year, I noticed that my failures and disappointments list was too short. I hadn't taken enough risk. My theme for the new year was, "Go big or go home."
- Another client had dealt with a significant loss and through that recovery had set a beautiful foundation for a new year of Live! Love! Fly! Laugh!
- One year I spent a great deal of time traveling away from home. My theme for the next year was, "Compassion, Creativity, Come Home."
It can help to talk about your lists with a friend or coach who may be able to illuminate patterns in your successes and failures and help uncover where you are being pointed for 2017. When you're done, hit reply to this email and tell me your theme!
I wish you health, prosperity and happiness!
Happy New Year.